Vocabulary for Describing Values and Beliefs
At the end of the lesson, the student will be able to identify and describe different values and beliefs using the provided vocabulary words.
Whiteboard and markers, Vocabulary handouts
Faith, Honor, Integrity, Loyalty, Morality, Patriotism, Selfless, Tolerance, Trust, Truth
A. Teacher introduces the lesson by asking the student why it is important to understand and discuss values and beliefs.
B. Teacher explains that values and beliefs are an important part of our lives and can shape the way we think, act, and make decisions.
A. Teacher explains each vocabulary word and has the student repeat them.
B. Teacher provides examples of each word in a sentence.
A. Teacher provides the student with a list of situations and the student has to identify which value or belief best fits the situation.
B. Teacher has the student explain why they chose each value or belief.
A. Teacher reviews the lesson material and asks the student to explain what they learned.
A. Teacher summarizes the importance of understanding and discussing values and beliefs.
- Teacher introduces lesson about values and beliefs
- Student learns and practices vocabulary words
- Student identifies and explains which values and beliefs fit given situations
- Teacher reviews lesson material and asks student to explain what they learned
- Teacher summarizes the importance of understanding and discussing values and beliefs