Vocabulary for Describing Strategies and Plans
At the end of the lesson, the student should be able to explain and use appropriate vocabulary for describing strategies and plans.
Whiteboard/markers, index cards with vocabulary words, handouts with definitions.
- Introduction: Introduce the topic and explain why it is important to know the vocabulary for discussing strategies and plans.
- Activity 1: Have the student brainstorm and list on the whiteboard all the words they can think of that are related to the topic.
- Activity 2: Divide the student into groups of 2 or 3 and provide each group with an index card bearing a vocabulary word each. Have the students look up the meaning of the words and discuss their importance in the context of strategies and plans.
- Activity 3: Have the student work individually on the handout. Ask them to read through the definitions, then provide an example for each word using strategies and plans.
- Closure: Have the student review the words they have learned and provide an overall summary of the lesson.
- Introduced the topic and explained why it is important
- Brainstormed and listed words related to the topic
- Divided into groups, discussed the words and their meanings
- Worked on a handout with definitions and examples
- Reviewed and summarized the lesson