Vocabulary for Describing Possibilities and Probabilities
• Students will be able to describe possibilities and probabilities using common vocabulary words
• Students will be able to explain the subtle differences between possibilities and probabilities
Welcome students and introduce the lesson. Explain that today we’ll be exploring vocabulary related to possibilities and probabilities.
Activity 1: Vocabulary Definitions
Write the vocabulary words on the board and ask students to copy them down.
Now, ask students to provide their own definitions of the words. Encourage them to work together to come up with the best definitions.
Activity 2: Discussion
Discuss the subtle differences between possibility and probability. Explain that a possibility is something that may or may not happen, while a probability is something that is likely to happen.
Activity 3: Examples
Ask students to provide examples of possible and probable scenarios.
Review the concepts discussed and ask students to provide a summary of what they’ve learned.
• Learned vocabulary related to possibilities and probabilities
• Discussed the subtle differences between possibilities and probabilities
• Provided examples of possible and probable scenarios