Vocabulary for Describing Environmental Science and Land Use Planning
Objective: By the end of the lesson, students will be able to accurately use vocabulary related to describing environmental science and land use planning.
Materials: Computer with internet access, vocabulary cards and index cards, whiteboard.
Warm-up activity: Ask students to brainstorm and share as many words as they can related to environmental science and land use planning. Write their answers on the whiteboard.
Introduce Vocabulary: Have students look up definitions for the words they brainstormed and any other terms related to environmental science and land use planning. Ask them to write the words on index cards along with the definitions.
Practice: Have students work in pairs to quiz each other on the meaning of the words in their index cards.
Application: Ask students to use the words in their index cards to write a paragraph describing a hypothetical land use plan.
Review: Have students write a short quiz for classmates to complete, testing their knowledge of the vocabulary words.
Conclusion: Summarize the main points of the lesson and have students brainstorm additional words related to environmental science and land use planning.
• Warm-up activity: Brainstorm vocabulary related to environmental science and land use planning
• Introduce vocabulary: Look up definitions for words and write them on index cards
• Practice: Quiz each other on the index cards
• Application: Write a paragraph describing a land use plan
• Review: Write a quiz for classmates
• Conclusion: Summarize and brainstorm additional words