Vocabulary for Describing Environmental Science and Culture
The students will demonstrate understanding of environmental science and culture related vocabulary by completing a worksheet and answering questions.
- Environmental Science and Culture Vocabulary worksheet
- Pen or pencil
In this lesson, students will learn vocabulary words related to environmental science and culture. We will be looking at the definitions and uses of these words and how they can be used to describe the environment.
- Begin by introducing the list of words related to environmental science and culture and displaying the list on the board.
- Explain the definitions of each word and how they are related to environmental science and culture.
- Ask the students to provide examples of each word and explain how it can be used in a sentence.
- Then, hand out the worksheet and instruct the students to complete it.
- Ask the students to work in pairs and complete the worksheet together.
- Monitor the students as they work and provide assistance when needed.
- When the students have completed the worksheet, ask them to answer questions about the words.
- Summarize the main points of the lesson and review the key vocabulary words.
- Introduction of environmental science and culture related vocabulary
- Explanation of definitions and uses of the words
- Provide examples
- Hand out worksheet and ask students to complete it
- Guided practice in pairs
- Assessment with questions
- Closure with summary and review