Vocabulary for Describing Ecotourism and Outdoor Adventure
At the end of the lesson, the students should be able to understand and use vocabulary related to ecotourism and outdoor adventure.
The teacher will lead a discussion about ecotourism and outdoor adventures.
• Ecotourism: The practice of visiting fragile, pristine, and largely undisturbed natural areas, intended as a low-impact and often educational activity.
• Outdoor Adventure: An activity done outside in nature, with the goal of exploring and challenging oneself in a potentially risky and physically demanding manner.
• Canoeing: The activity of paddling a canoe.
• Trekking: A long, difficult journey, especially one made on foot.
• Camping: The activity of living temporarily in a tent or similar structure in a wilderness area.
• Rappelling: Using a rope to descend a steep slope or a rockface, typically as part of a climbing expedition.
• Kayaking: The activity of paddling a kayak.
• Mountain Biking: The activity of riding a mountain bike.
• Wildlife Viewing: Watching wild animals in their natural environment.
The teacher will assign a writing task in which the students will use the provided words in sentences.
• Led discussion about ecotourism and outdoor adventures
• Presented vocabulary related to ecotourism and outdoor adventure: ecotourism, outdoor adventure, canoeing, trekking, camping, rappelling, kayaking, mountain biking, wildlife viewing
• Assigned writing task to practice using the words in sentences