Vocabulary for Describing DIY and Handyman Skills
Here are some vocabulary words and phrases that could be used to describe DIY (Do-It-Yourself) and handyman skills:
- DIY: a style of home improvement and repair that involves doing tasks yourself, rather than hiring a professional
- Handyman: a person skilled in various home improvement and repair tasks
- Tool: a device used to perform a specific task, such as a hammer, saw, or drill
- Material: a substance or item used in construction or repair, such as wood, metal, or concrete
- Repair: the act of fixing or restoring something that is broken or damaged
- Remodel: the process of making significant changes to an existing structure, such as a house or room
- Renovation: the process of improving or updating an existing structure, usually to make it more functional or attractive
- Carpentry: the skill of making and repairing wooden structures, such as furniture and buildings
- Plumbing: the trade that involves installing, repairing, and maintaining pipes, fixtures, and other components of a building’s water and waste systems
- Electrical: the trade that involves installing, repairing, and maintaining electrical systems, including wiring, switches, and outlets.
These words and phrases can help you describe the various aspects of DIY and handyman skills, including the techniques and tools used to perform home improvement and repair tasks.