Vocabulary for Describing Construction and Architecture
At the end of the lesson, students will be able to describe different elements of construction and architecture using vocabulary related to the topic.
- Vocabulary list with related words, definitions and example sentences
- Worksheets with activities for individual or group work
Introduction: Invite students to brainstorm the kinds of vocabulary they already know relating to the topic, which will serve as a review before introducing new terms (5 minutes).
Presentation of Vocabulary: Go through vocabulary list and explain the meaning of the words and phrases, providing example sentences and visuals if possible (15 minutes).
Practice: Have students complete the worksheets that they have been provided with. They can do the activities individually or in groups as preferred (15 minutes).
Assessment: Have students work in pairs to describe different elements of architecture and construction using the new vocabulary they have learned (10 minutes).
Conclusion: Summarize the main points of the lesson and explain how students can use the new vocabulary in their everyday lives (5 minutes).
- Brainstormed existing knowledge on the topic
- Presented new vocabulary words and phrases
- Practiced with worksheets
- Assessed through pair activity
- Discussed how to use the new vocabulary in everyday life