Vocabulary for Describing Chemical Engineering and Process Technology
This quiz is designed to test your knowledge of advanced-level vocabulary for describing chemical engineering and process technology. Please read each question and select the most appropriate answer from the multiple choice options. Good luck!
- The process of using heat or pressure to break down a material into simpler components is called:
- Chemical engineering is the branch of engineering concerned with the:
A. Design and construction of chemical plants
B. Study of physical and chemical changes
C. Analysis of chemical reactions
D. All of the above
- What is a fluidized bed reactor?
A. A container filled with liquid
B. A container filled with semi-solid particles
C. A container filled with gas
D. A container filled with solid particles
- The term “catalyst” refers to:
A. A substance that speeds up a chemical reaction
B. A substance that slows down a chemical reaction
C. A substance that changes the direction of a chemical reaction
D. A substance that changes the properties of a chemical reaction
- What is an example of a process technology?
Hope and Expectations:
We hope that upon completion of this quiz, you will have a better understanding of advanced-level vocabulary for describing chemical engineering and process technology. Good luck!