Vocabulary for Describing Biomedical Engineering and Medical Devices
This quiz is designed to test your knowledge of biomedical engineering and medical device terminology. It contains multiple-choice questions, and you will have three attempts to answer each question correctly. Please take your time, read the questions carefully, and think of the best answer before submitting. Good luck!
- What is the term for the application of engineering principles and techniques to medical and biological problems?
- What is the purpose of the FDA approval process?
A. To ensure medical devices meet set safety and performance standards.
B. To ensure medical devices are produced ethically.
C. To ensure medical devices are compatible with a given healthcare system.
D. To ensure medical devices are labeled accurately.
- What is the term for the physical components of a medical device?
- What is the term for the design of systems, components, or processes to meet a set of requirements?
A. Quality control
B. System integration
C. Design engineering
D. System engineering
- What is the term for a device that is used to measure, monitor, or regulate a physiological process?
A. Measuring device
B. Monitoring device
C. Regulating device
D. Medical device
We hope that you have learned something new and have gained a better understanding of biomedical engineering and medical device terminology. With that knowledge, you can now use it to your advantage in your own medical or scientific projects. Good luck!