Vocabulary for Describing Aging and Gerontology
At the end of this lesson, the advanced-level student will be able to confidently use and recognize vocabulary related to aging and gerontology.
The students will be given a ten-minute quickfire quiz to test their current knowledge on the topic.
The teacher will provide the students with a list of 10 key vocabulary terms related to aging and gerontology. The students will be tasked with researching each term and then creating a poster with an example sentence demonstrating their understanding.
The students will form into small groups and discuss the posters they have created, sharing examples and exploring ideas.
A short quiz will be given to the students to test their understanding of the topic and their ability to use the vocabulary they have learned.
• Objective: To enable advanced-level students to confidently use and recognize vocabulary related to aging and gerontology
• Warm-Up: Ten-minute quickfire quiz
• Main Activity: Students research and create a poster demonstrating their understanding
• Group Activity: Small groups discuss posters and exchange ideas
• Closure: Short quiz to test understanding and ability to use vocabulary