Talking about the weather
At the end of the session, the student will be able to use basic vocabulary and sentence structure when talking about the weather.
Materials: Weather vocabulary handout, whiteboard, markers
- Introduce yourself and explain the purpose of the lesson.
- Ask the student about the weather where they live.
- Introduce the weather vocabulary handout and display it on the whiteboard.
- Ask the student to read each vocabulary word aloud and explain the meaning of each.
- Ask the student to describe the current weather in their city.
- Explain the basic sentence structure for talking about the weather:
- It’s [adjective] today.
- Today it’s [verb]ing.
- Ask the student to use the new sentence structure and give examples of weather using the new vocabulary.
- Review the lesson objectives and ask the student to explain what they learned.
- Ask the student if they have any questions about the lesson.
- Introduced lesson objectives and materials.
- Introduced weather vocabulary and explained the meanings.
- Practiced using new vocabulary and sentence structure to talk about the weather.
- Reviewed objectives and asked for questions.