English Vocabulary for Technology
- computer – a machine that can be programmed to perform complex tasks, such as storing and processing information, performing calculations, and controlling other machines.
- software – instructions that tell a computer what to do, including programs, applications, and operating systems.
- hardware – the physical components of a computer system, including the CPU, memory, storage, and input/output devices.
- internet – a global network of interconnected computers that allows for the sharing of information and resources.
- website – a collection of web pages that can be accessed via a web browser and that often contains information or services.
- app – a small program designed for a specific purpose, such as a game or productivity tool, that can be downloaded and installed on a mobile device or computer.
- mobile device – a portable electronic device, such as a smartphone or tablet, that can be used to access the internet, make phone calls, send texts, and run apps.
- cloud computing – the delivery of computing services, such as storage, processing, and applications, over the internet, rather than through a local server or personal computer.
- artificial intelligence – the simulation of human intelligence in machines, including the ability to learn, reason, and adapt to new situations.
- big data – extremely large sets of data that can be analyzed to reveal patterns and insights, often used in fields such as marketing, finance, and healthcare.